iPhoto not downloading?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rhino89, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rhino89 macrumors regular

Is anyone else unable to download iPhoto from the app store? I had it on my device prior, but when I tried to update it, the "update" button would change to a circle and then change RIGHT back to "update." I uninstalled it and tried to download it again from the app store, now it just goes from "Free" to the circle icon and back to the "Free" bar. What is going on... ?

2. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

It might have been that too many people were downloading it at the same time maybe? I would try to reboot your phone and try again to see if it works. When I tried to download the iWorks and iLife apps on my iPhone 5s (running 7.0.3), the previous version would download first, then it showed the latest (updated for iOS 7) version available to download.

3. almostirish macrumors member

Same problem for me. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

4. almostirish macrumors member

Right so the following happened: I called apple and they put me through to a technician who advised me to reset my settings and call him back on an international number if it didn't work. It didn't work and so I called the international number and they asked me after a while to restore my phone to an icloud backup. When I did this the iphoto app is no longer "free" in the App Store, it says I have to pay for it. I've got an iphone 5s so shouldn't have to

They also asked if they could call back and check with me if it worked and we scheduled a call at 6pm, it's now 7pm and I have not heard anything.

I have probably paid for the international call to apple support more than the app would've cost to buy in the App Store but this is a matter of principle for me and not about the money.

Let me know if you have any advice. Thanks