iPhoto not importing pictures for a single account on a shared library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DrummerBASS, Dec 22, 2011.

1. DrummerBASS macrumors regular

I have an iMac with an external hard drive with my pictures stored on there, and I have a few accounts linked to the same library so all can see the photos etc. Recently one account will not save imported photos, so I will import them, they'll show up as a thumb-nail but not full size no matter what I do.

Then when I restart iPhoto the pictures are not there. This is not an issue on all the other accounts, and I haven't been messing around with anything and this has never been an issue in the past.

I've tried importing directly from a camera and also from an external card reader, which makes no difference. All photos are simply stored on the external HDD, not on the main iMac at all. If anyone can help that'd be great.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It sounds like the permissions for the iPhoto Library are damaged. If you have sufficient space on the drive to duplicate the library, do so, or back it up using your preferred method. Launch iPhoto holding the option+:apple: keys and select the option for "Examine and repair iPhoto Library file permissions" then click Rebuild.