iPhoto not letting me close it down and problems with faces

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yettimillan, May 28, 2009.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

Hi, I am having trouble with two aspects of iPhoto.

The first is, I cannot seem to grasp how to use the faces function, i have put a box around the faces and labeled them like it says to do in the video tutorial. When I click onto the persons faces folder it does not show any suggested pictures with that particular person in it although i have labeled multiple pictures with their face.
    My question is, do I have to label a certain amount of photos before iPhoto can get an idea of this persons face and is there any other way I can improve faces. Also the faces bar has a little grey loading symbol by the side of it, this may mean that it is searching for faces, i don't really know!

The second being when I attempt to close iPhoto using the red cross, the red turns a darker shade and will not close the application. When I try to close the application using the task bar this also does not close and I therefore have to use the force quit function.
    Has anyone else experienced this and how do I fix it.

I am a new Mac user by the way, i'm still learning how to properly use the OS.

Thank you.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't know why Faces isn't working right for you - it sounds like you're using it correctly. As for your second issue, that closes the window but not the program. To quit iPhoto, you must choose Quit from the iPhoto menu, or click and hold on the iPhoto dock icon then choose Quit.

3. Nobita macrumors 6502

Or Apple-Q =)