iPhoto not reading iPhone 4 camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natural Science, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Natural Science macrumors newbie

Hi, I noticed after syncing my phone to my iMac that despite selecting only 3 faces from iPhoto itunes still added all the faces from my iPhoto on to my phone... Ok but today for the 1st time I synced my phone to add some pics & video into iPhoto and it just kept showing blank boxes where the pictures normally appear... I shut down and restarted iPhoto 3 times but to no avail. The 3rd time launched it the empty boxes wouldn't even appear... Any suggestions? It synced fine with iTunes each time and I've already dumped content from the iPhone 4 into iPhoto 2 times before.

2. brh12 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem as you and what I found out is that I had copied some photos from an email that was saved in my camera role that was causing the issue. So, I emailed myself those photos, manually imported them to iPhoto, deleted them from the role on my iPhone 4, reset my iPhone 4, quit iPhoto, plugged iPhone 4 back in and voila. Pics taken with the iPhone 4 were then able to be imported as normal.

Hope it helps for you.