iphoto not recognizing iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaeshellz, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

before you guys attack me, yes I have searched the forum for an answer but everything ive read were back in 2007 with FW 1.x

im on a 3gs and iphoto and image capture doesn't recognize my iphone.
    are there any fixes for this, please!? I have some very meaningful pix that i would like to transfer over w/o restoring the phone. (or email to myself)

thanks team

2. Passion4Film macrumors newbie

I'm having almost the same issue.

iTunes 9.1 is recognizing and syncing fine. I'm on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.5.8.

iPhoto and Image Capture both recognize the iPhone 3GS I have (about 6 weeks old) but show no photos or videos available for downloading. I usually use Image Capture since I don't use iPhoto for anything.

I don't have any photos saved from email/web/etc. - just taken with the iPhone camera app. I have an 8-minute video clip as well - that's the most important thing to import right now.

It's been like this for about a week. It was working fine and then it just suddenly wasn't. I've tried rebooting the machine and the phone.

3. me.s macrumors newbie

hey,

jaeshellz, do you have any photo's saved from your email/web? if so try emailing them to yourself and deleting them from your library on the phone. Then sync your iphone and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes the photo's saved don't jive with the sync process. Sorry, don't know why.

Hope that helps,
    Meta

4. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

hey passion, i finally got mine to work.

apparently there is a bug where if you saved any pictures in ur "Camera Roll" from the web, email, and/or from an mms u recieved, it locks up the phone from being recognized by iphoto and image capture.

your iphone is actually being recognized but shows theres nothing to import, so thats a lil weird and a bit different from my sitaution.

but u can try to delete any pix that u may have saved thru the iphone via email, text or web and hopefully that'll work.

5. Passion4Film macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I don't have any saved from web, etc. :-/

6. Passion4Film macrumors newbie

I was able to get the file I needed off the iPhone with iPhone Explorer. Now my folder is cleared of any Videos and Photos, but still nothing. I tried taking a snap and seeing if the programs would recognize it after the clear out, but iPhoto and Image Capture will still recognize the unit and show no thumbs/nothing to import. :( Frustrating.

7. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

I've found that restarting my iPhone seems to fix the problem.

8. norky1978 macrumors newbie

email photos

Thank you for all the trouble shooting, guys. I am having the same problem as you all...it occurred for me when I switched macs. My iphone synced no problem with iphoto with my old mac, but won't with my new mac.

anyway, how are you supposed to know which photos came from email or not? I have a lot of photos on my iphone and to be honest, I can't remember which ones came from email.

thanks.

hey passion, i finally got mine to work.

apparently there is a bug where if you saved any pictures in ur "Camera Roll" from the web, email, and/or from an mms u recieved, it locks up the phone from being recognized by iphoto and image capture.

your iphone is actually being recognized but shows theres nothing to import, so thats a lil weird and a bit different from my sitaution.

but u can try to delete any pix that u may have saved thru the iphone via email, text or web and hopefully that'll work.[/QUOTE]

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

^^^^
    You either know from memory or you don't. There is no indication.