Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I just noticed today that the left menu column is not showing on iPhoto. You know the one that says Library, devices, last import, things of that sort. I've checked in preferences and all over the internet and I can't find anything on this issue. I even called apple and they didnt have a fix either. I was wondering if anyone could please help me out. Thank you in advance for the response. I am using iLife 08' as well if that information is important. Thanks in advance again.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I have no idea how that would have even happened. You could try reinstalling it, if you have the iLife disc (or the discs that came with your computer).

Most likely, it would be under the View menu item in iPhoto. I'm not at my Mac right now, so I can't confirm.

Checked there... no such luck.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Yeah it's so bizarre it's just gone. When I plug in my iPhone all it shows is just my import window I can't even get out to my library unless I unplug it. I don't have the iLife disk or anything and I'm afraid if I delete iPhoto I'll lose all my pictures. However I have all my pictures on my phone so I could just reimport them all

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Yeah it's so bizarre it's just gone. When I plug in my iPhone all it shows is just my import window I can't even get out to my library unless I unplug it. I don't have the iLife disk or anything and I'm afraid if I delete iPhoto I'll lose all my pictures. However I have all my pictures on my phone so I could just reimport them all

You won't accidentally delete your pictures by removing iPhoto -- don't worry, all of your photos are stored in your "Pictures" folder. The only thing I can think of is that some of the files needed to run iPhoto correctly aren't working properly, and reinstalling would probably fix the issue (but you have to have either an iLife disc or the discs that came with your computer to do that).

You could post a screenshot here, if you think that might help us figure it out.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
The first photo is the one of the import window and the second one is without my iphone plugged in. Thanks for all the help guys, i seriously dont know what to do.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 11.04.53 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 11.04.53 AM.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 11.05.14 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 11.05.14 AM.png
    741.5 KB · Views: 96

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
OMG AHAHAHAH all i had to do was put my cursor to the very left and just stretch it and it appeared! lol thanks guys for all the help i got it back rofl i knew it was such an easy fix and apple couldnt even figure it out lol thanks guys ttyl have a good day.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
OMG AHAHAHAH all i had to do was put my cursor to the very left and just stretch it and it appeared! lol thanks guys for all the help i got it back rofl i knew it was such an easy fix and apple couldnt even figure it out lol thanks guys ttyl have a good day.

Okay, I attempted this exact same thing, and I could not get the sidebar to be that small. How it ended up that small, I have no idea. Glad to hear it worked out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.