iPhoto not updateable with Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by bigel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. bigel macrumors newbie

I've just updated to Sierra 10.12.1 and found that there is a "no entry" symbol on my iPhoto. An update notification came up from App Store but when I tried to download it with my Apple ID the message came up "update unavailable with this apple id".

The iPhoto I have which is blocked is version 9.4.3 and the update is 9.6.1.

I have the same problem with iMovie. Again I received an update notification but I'm getting the message "update unavailable with this apple id" when I try to access it.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you

2. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

Can you see iPhoto on the App Store Purchased list? If it isn't there I'm afraid your options will be limited...

3. bigel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much Ebenezum
    I found iMovie in purchased and I'm downloading that. However, iPhoto is not coming up even though I have updated it in the past in June 2013. I do have the new Photos app with Sierra but I wanted iPhoto for the editing facility.
    [​IMG] Edit Post [​IMG] Reply [​IMG] Reply With Quote [​IMG]

4. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

If I understand correctly you have iPhoto in the purchases but it won't download? Does it show some kind of error message?

In that case you could try downloading it on a different Mac or with a different network to see if it helps. Then copy the iPhoto to your current Mac.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If it exists in your Purchases, send /Applications/iPhoto.app to trash and empty the trash, then re-open Mac App Store and download iPhoto from Purchases. You can't update, but you can use this method to re-download.