iPhoto on two Mac's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cceverett, Feb 17, 2009.

1. cceverett macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I am trying to get iPhoto to work from one library on two different Mac's. I have the iPhoto library on a USB drive connected to my iMac. I can see the library and have imported it to both my iMac and MBP. When I make changes on my MBP, they are saved on my local MBP HD and not to the iPhoto library. Therefore I cannot see these changes when I work on the iMac. How can I have these changes saved to the iPhoto library on the USB drive?

I have done some research about how this works but have another question. iPhoto is suppose to give you a warning that it is open on another Mac. ie so you can not have two users on one library at the same time. But I do not get this warning when opening iPhoto on both Mac's.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you are importing the library to both Macs then you have two separate librarys. Each Mac now has it own iPohoo library after importing. That is why you are not seeing the changes reflected on both of the Macs.

3. cceverett thread starter macrumors newbie

The library is staying on my USB drive. The original pictures are not being moved to the Mac's.

I made sure of that by going to pref/advanced
    and unchecking the box to "copy items to iPhoto library"