iPhoto opens on start up - no device attached!! grr!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by karligaz, Aug 26, 2009.

1. karligaz macrumors newbie

hey everyone.. so lately i've had this issue when i restart my computer:

iPhoto starts up and lags the initial start up of my laptop any time i power up.

Not sure if this is a re-post, but i've searched everywhere and haven't found an answer on any post.

I do run parallels on my laptop, and when iPhoto starts up on a restart it shows it being connected to my Windows HD. I tried renaming any "image" folder within the HD to a different name - no luck!

I have no other external USB devices plugged in. I do not have it set to open at login on the dock, nor is it on my "Login Items".

how do i fix it!!! *FRUSTRATED!!*

2. GabooN macrumors regular

*edit* sorry I missed the last line of your post regarding it not being in the login options. I'm not sure what the problem is.

check your system preferences -> Accounts -> Login Options and see if iPhoto is set to launch on startup. If it is, just remove it from the list. If that's not the problem I'm not sure, I don't have experience with virtual machines or windows partitions on my mac. good luck

3. dandaman2 macrumors regular

Hmm... not in login items, eh? I know how to set it so that your iPhone doesn't open the app. It's in the Image Capture application preferences. I don't know if it would work, but it could be worth a try.