iPhoto Organisation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pyrotechnic, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Apologies if this has been covered but under a different heading.

Being new to Mac, I am still learning and Im using iphoto to organise my photos. So far so good as I have a family photo folder imported from my PC which is split into sub folders based on year and month etc for the past 4 years. When I look at them in the photos library link, they are all in date order, prefect, just how I wanted them.

However, I now have a folder called work photos, which again is split into may sub folders dependent upon the topic. I am a little wary of importing them as I am sure that due to the exif info, they will slot into my family photos when I view them.

Is there a way I can seperate work from family? I realise this may be something so simple but I cant see the wood for the trees at the moment. I am sure there is something that will allow separation of the photo viewing?

2. coronel mustard macrumors member

coronel mustard

Two ways to do this...

1) Go to events and create two new events- one for family and one for work. Then drag the corresponding photos into the relevant event

or

2)You could create a work and family album and once again add the photos to each album.

Also, if you have the latest version of iphoto- get faces working for you! Tag your family members in the photos and you can search for your family members via the faces pane.

Enjoy your mac :apple:

3. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Thanks for the quick reply and only 5 miles down the road. I shall go give it a try now. :)

Thank you.

4. coronel mustard macrumors member

coronel mustard

You're welcome:) and what a small world we live in...

If you wanted you could also take a look at the apple video tutorials on iphoto- they cover the different features of iphoto and how to get the most out of it.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#iphoto