iPhoto Organization by Date Added?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bella92108, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

So after the last iPhoto update, all my photos are jumbled. They used to be ordered from oldest at the top, to newest added at the bottom when I go to view all photos. Now they're all mixed up, not by date. Anyone know how to revert back to chronological order in the display-all mode?

I've looked through all the forums and menus and can't find :-(

2. v8media macrumors newbie

v8media

Whichever album you are in, including the Photos one at the top left, you can go to the View menu in the menubar, then choose Sort Photos --> By Date.

Is this not showing up for you, or are you trying to do something a bit different?

Ian

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the reply. In all of the albums, this works fine, but in the "Library" > "All Photos" it doesn't give me any options when I right click. I suppose as a backup I could create an album and put all photos in it, but kinda a pain to have to update every time I add photos.

Any other ideas\suggestions as to how I can get the Photo LIBRARY sorted by date like it used to be? Thanks!

4. v8media macrumors newbie

v8media

Which version of iPhoto do you have? I have iPhoto '09 and I'm guessing you have the next version?

5. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah iPhoto '11, and it was when I went from 2009 to 2011 that these got dis-ordered.