iPhoto overheats Macbook Pro 13 i5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbora, Jun 13, 2011.

1. macbora macrumors newbie

I follow the ruomours concerning overheting of MBPs and I have to say it seems to be true. I start a simple slideshow in iPhoto and temperature rised to almost 90 degree in a 10-20 seconds. Is it normal???
    Then I installed Pro Evolution Soccer and my CPU fan became crazy, making a huge noise after a few seconds of the game.
    My MBP is 2011 13" i5.
    Thx for any suggestions in advice!

2. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

you should not be seeing 90 degrees from just using iphoto what else is running?

and yes fans are noisy when gaming any laptop is.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

If the computer isn't shutting down due to the heat, it is not overheating.

4. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

The CPU will throttle under thermal load, so it need not shut down as such, just underclock itself.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

It will eventually shut down if the heat still climbs.

6. darkmess macrumors newbie

Happens to me a lot, whether iPhoto or watching a Youtube video. I think it's normal, MBPs don't seem to be the best in cooling, but yeah, as said above: when it's bad it'll shut down. Which mine does a few times when I'm irresponsible. Darn you Plants vs Zombies!

7. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I always have like 10 application running but never faced a crash or anything.
    No excessive heating issue either. With 10 apps running only around like 45~50 C.
    And yes if you MBP is overheating it would automatically shut its self down.

8. weenerdog macrumors member

My MBP has a problem with iPhoto too. Whenever I use it it gets laggy and temperatures rise. Also when I import photos from a camera, CPU usage gets to 99%. It's the softwares fault I believe.