iPhoto Photo Prints?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by g3ck0, Oct 8, 2008.

1. g3ck0 macrumors member

Apple has this service that lets you drop in pictures into photo albums using iPhoto, which you can send directly to Apple to get it printed.

The photo albums seems to be of high quality both in terms of designs and print quality. I was wondering if there was anyway to use this service without iPhoto since I'm on a PC? If not, any of you guys have recommendations for photo print services that offer similar designs and quality?

Thanks lots.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Check out Kodak since they actually make the iPhoto products for Apple.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

We use the Books from Apple and actual individual photo prints from Walmart/CVS/etc whoever is cheaper and they're all cheaper than Apple by a few cents with no shipping and 1hr delivery.

Walmart has the books but the wizard lacks customization. I prefer the iPhoto book service as I have ordered several books and the remarks from them have all been great (we give them as gifts).

There are similar services (Walmart being one) but google would be the best bet. AFAIK you can't use the iPhoto service without iPhoto.

4. g3ck0 thread starter macrumors member

Alright thanks for your suggestions. I'll go check ok Kodak. Nowadays, it seems like everybody is advertising low prices for printing photo books which actually LOWERS what I expect of them to produce. All I want is good quality and I am totally willing to pay for it.

5. mahoneyjoe macrumors newbie

Here's a link to another source for photobooks:
    http://www.mypublisher.com/index.php

I've never tried them myself, had good luck with my one use of the Apple photobook, but mypublisher was well reviewed here on MR when I was doing some research; try the search for that info. The Kodak books seemed higher priced for the same/similar thing.