iPhoto Photobucket plugin gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big Stevie, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Big Stevie, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Ive been using the photobucket plugin for iPhoto over the last year, but its suddenly disappeared. It allowed me to upload photos from iPhoto straight to my Photobucket account, by selecting 'Export' and then selecting the Photobucket tab.

Anyone know where this plugin will be living on my macbook, or how I get it back please? (Im not referring to Photobuckets iPhoto backup app).

There should be an extra tab here...

[​IMG]

2. PhotobktSupport macrumors newbie

Hi,

Indeed, the Photobucket export tool in iPhoto is no longer available. A decision was made to end support for this iPhoto feature with the most recent update, and instead shift resources to make the new and improved Photobucket apps as great as possible.

You can still upload directly from your desktop by using Photobucket Backup, which you can find here.

Feel free to shoot us any questions at support@photobucket.com

3. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Thanks for your reply.

The new app makes uploading photos much slower. It makes you upload from iPhoto to somewhere such as your Desktop. Then you have to open the app and drag the photo into it. It's not really any quicker than uploading to your Desktop and then uploading it via your website uploader tool.

It's a real shame that photos in iPhoto can't now be uploaded straight to photobucket, it was a feature that I loved and used constantly.

4. LukasMa macrumors newbie

Same here, the smooth workflow within iPhoto was the primary reason why I stuck to Photobucket!

What do we have to do to get it back? :(

5. alebonau macrumors newbie

I too have found it pretty disappointing that the plug in has been removed. I can't understand it really. It was such a handy thing to just upload straight from iPhoto. It seems that flickr and Facebook etc has been supported and plugins for those are still there for iPhoto. can't understand why we can't have the plug in for photo bucket ?

forces me to use flickr instead. which I much rather wouldn't. but what to do. I guess one day when someone realises the value we might have the plug in again. I wonder how many more people will stop using photo bucket because they can no longer load photos from iPhoto into photo bucket ?

:(:(:(

6. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

Wrong answer.:mad:

7. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Im currently having to export photos from iPhoto to my MacBook desk top. I then upload them to Photobucket. Although simple to do, Its far from ideal and I'm looking for an alternative photo sharing account that is supported by iPhoto. Is flickr my only choice?:mad:

8. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

I don't use my photobucket account as much as I used to, but I do still maintain a paid account for those rare occasions when I need to get something up to share publicly. I just went to export a video of my daughter's show choir competition so that her grandparent's in another state could watch it. I didn't see the option under my export dialog, so I was hoping that there would be an updated plugin. Now that I can't even interact with photobucket natively within iTunes, I really don't see much of a reason for keeping Photobucket around. Just seems like a poor decision on someone's behalf. :confused:

9. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

I emailed photo bucket about this and sadly the plugin has been permanently removed. Its a real shame.:mad: