iphoto - photos not imported

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gazdownunder, Jun 16, 2009.

1. gazdownunder macrumors newbie

I have just imported all my photos onto my new iMac. When i open the iphoto program each time i get a message stating that 12 photos were not imported and it creates a recovered items folder. When i look at the recovered pictures they all are listed as unix executable file followed by a series of numbers and letters. It states these files are locked. How can i unlock and delete these files as i do not need them otherwise each time i open iphoto a new recovered items folder is created containing these locked files

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You have to open up the iPhoto Library package in Finder and remove the Auto Import/Import folder. To open the package, navigate to ~/Pictures and right click the iPhoto library, then "Show Package Contents". More than likely the contents of the folder are not pictures at all, but some incompatible filetype which cannot be processed with iPhoto.

3. gazdownunder thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jedimeister i removed the folder to trash and emptied it and thought they were gone.....when i opened iphoto again i got the same message saying 12 photo's could not be imported and so it created a recovered photos folder again and put them in it. They are some incompatible file type that cannot be processed as you said, but every time i open iphoto i am getting this same message and new recovery folders are being created each time. Can i stop this from happening? it's driving me mad and i don't want to end up deleting my complete photo library.