iPhoto Pics?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sportsfanMAW, Nov 8, 2007.

1. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

I was trying to upload a picture and when i went to browse through my iphoto library instead of a folder for my pictures, it's just the iphoto library icon. Like it's a photo itself. I went into finder and selected photo's from the left side and its the same thing. It has my photobooth folder and another folder i made for my photoshop pics, but no iphoto library folder... Any idea why?

Thanks!

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Right click or press the control key and click to bring up the contextual menu. Then select "Show package contents". This will open the library archive and you can navigate from there.

But FYI you can drag photos out of iPhoto to the desktop, e-mail, web, etc... If you actually modify the directory manually you can make a mess of iPhoto which is why I bet they may it a package instead of a folder.

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

unity is exactly right, you're much better off simply using iPhoto itself as your file browser rather than Finder.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I used to not like that, and wanted control over the folders, but really export or drag anything you need, and trash it after. Leave it alone within iPhoto.

5. sportsfanMAW thread starter macrumors regular

eh, seems like so much of a hassle to upload pics to myspace.. but i guess i can live

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Facebook and Flickr both have plugins for iPhoto that allow direct exporting from iPhoto itself. Its too bad myspace doesn't have the same thing (at least that I can find in a quick google search).

This discussion might also help, someone asked your same basic question at Apple's discussion site: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5290425

7. comptr macrumors 65816

does anyone know of a good flicker plugin for iphoto 08 thats free or low cost thank in advance. :)