iPhoto picture importing problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thexboy, Sep 29, 2010.

1. thexboy macrumors newbie

I just imported some pictures from my portable HDD, but the MBP got frozen in the process so I had to do it again.

Now I have all my pictures imported and i'm happy with it. The problem is that every time I open iPhoto, it shows me this window:

[​IMG]

I tried importing them, but the only thing that appears is a "Recovered photo album" on the left column in the iPhoto, and it's empty.

I tried finding the files in order to delete them, but couldn't find them in the directory (/users/id/pictures/iphoto/recovered...). Is this folder invisible? If so, how can I "see" invisible folders?

Thanks in advance!

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

What happens if you click "No" does this message keep showing up? You may need to save all of your photos to a different location/file, then delete them and try importing them again and see if this solves the problem . If not, then try positing this question in the Digital Photography section or Appllciation section of MR. There are a lot of knowledgeable people out there who may be able to help. Good luck.

3. thexboy thread starter macrumors newbie

it keeps appearing even if I click on "No". :confused:

How do I move the thread to the apps board? Or should I post it again?

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

To move the thread click this icon [​IMG] to the left of the message and ask a Mod to move it.

Also, if you change the img & /img tags on your original message photo to timg & /timg tags it will appear smaller and be clickable, better for people on smaller displays. :)

And finally, see if this solution over on the Apple Discussions will work for you:

Apple.com > Support > Discussions > iPhoto '08 > Installing & Using iPhoto '08 > photos in iphoto library that were not imported