iPhoto: "Pictures" folder gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspiffy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

I suddenly discovered that my Pictures folder (the one inside the Home folder) is gone after starting iPhoto and it gave me the error: "Your photo library was not found." I did a quick spotlight search and did not find the Pictures folder. It was not in the Trash or anywhere. I don't know how this happened, as I can't possibly imagine how the Pictures folder magically disappeared. I just imported a ton of pictures into iPhoto and finished organizing and labeling them. Please tell me I don't have to do it all over again!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Do you know how much space on your hard drive was used before the pictures folder disappeared? If so, is there more free space now?

3. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That I don't know. I know that my original pictures are on an external and I've unchecked the box that makes iPhoto duplicate your picture on your internal hdd (because I can't afford the space) so I'd assume the Pictures folder and the iPhoto Library inside it, never really took up any significance space. Any ideas on how I'd recover that missing folder?

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you had a lot of pictures in the folder and it's still on your hard drive, you might be able to use whatsize to track it down.

5. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trying it right now!

6. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately I couldn't find the folder. I think the program only tracked present files and folders but not those that have been deleted.