Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Ok so you know at the top left how you can choose from

Library

Events
Photos
Places
Faces

I use the Photos section and normally I see all mine sorted by the folder name they are in and a date, now for some reason iPhoto keep bunching them together in one big photo library, I need to get the photos split back into sections by name and dates.

So Frustrating because all I have is 11GB of photos in iPhoto right now, so not much, 4300 photos in all but I lost the timeline and I can not get it back.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
The Photos view is typically a mashup of all your photos in one place. Most people view them by events. You can bring back the event tags in Photos view by checking the following menu item View->Event Titles. Sounds like yours got unchecked. You can also select how they are sorted.

You might want to start using albums and smart albums to organize and browse your photos.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks for the info but it did not work, I had them all sorted by events and now they are jumbled into one big event, sucks because I spent so much time sorting them, and even trying what you suggested did not work, but I do appreciate the advice though.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
If you go into Events view, does it show all your individual events? If not then somehow all you photos got merged into one event.

You can try rebuilding the iPhoto database. Hold down the option key when starting iPhoto. Follow the prompts. As always, make sure you have a backup before doing any maintenance work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.