iPhoto pixilating pics

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boynigel, Sep 10, 2009.

1. boynigel macrumors regular

i'm running iphoto '08 on my computer w/tiger. whenever i send pics from my iphoto library via email to my parents, there's an ongoing issue. here's the deal- they have a new mac mini running leopard. not sure which version of iphoto shipped w/it, but it's gotta be '08 or '09. anyway, i send them the picture, they open it initially in Preview w/no problems. but as soon as the photo gets dragged into iphoto for storage, it becomes oversized and pixilated. this happens w/other people that send them emailed pics too. they view fine in preview, but in iphoto they're blown up and pixilated. i don't get it, so here i am. ideas?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Just to check, you ARE sending from the iPhoto app, not going into the actual library in finder, aren't you? If you are using the library in finder, you may be choosing the thumbnail version. ALWAYS use the app to do anything to/with your photos. Going into the finder library nearly always causes problems (unless you REALLY know what you are doing).

3. Richard34 macrumors newbie

I have had similar problem where the recipients (on PC) see the photos as thumbnails in the body of their email.

So, being totally dumb - how do you send from iphoto app?

4. boynigel thread starter macrumors regular

same way i always have- i drag the pic out of iphoto (the actual application) and on to my desktop. then i select the pic from my desktop to attach to my email.

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Or you can use the export function, which will allow you to choose what size you want to send.