iPhoto Print Products

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imfrog2002, Oct 29, 2007.

1. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Hey all. I'm thinking about buying my first iPhoto Book, but I want to know if the quality is worth it. The pictures are fairly hi-res, (6MP @ 2812x2112) so I'm not worried about that, I just want to make sure that the print quality is high, and that there's no imperfections, and if so, will Apple print another one free of charge? Thanks!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've ordered 3 and all were very high quality.

3. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Don't worry about it...

...give it a try! The quality of the only book I did was very high. I was most impressed. The girlfriend loved it!

Seriously, more people should make proper use of it!

FireArse

4. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I think I will then! I just have to deposit the check in the bank, then I can order it! I already have it sorted out, just waiting for reviews and money. :) Thanks for your help! I'll definitely post how it is!

I just ordered it, and I can't wait to see it!

5. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, I just got it today! 4 day turnaround! That's just amazing! The fact that FedEx was 3 days of that really makes me want to do it again! It's amazingly high quality, I just didn't notice that some of my pictures were as blurry as they are. (Most are amazing, that's why I know it's me and not Apple.) I think that I'll be doing this a lot more often than just buying prints. It's great to have them all arranged and in a professional looking book! Way to go Apple!

6. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Glad you like them. I couldn't agree more. They really are amazing.

7. Tofaha macrumors 6502

i ordered one yesterday...im so anxious to see how it turns out ! ! :p

8. kevindosi macrumors regular

meh

quality is nice, but i wish there were more customization options. also, it is ridiculously expensive. and i don't like having an apple ad on my book of memories.

9. Tofaha macrumors 6502

i got rid of the "made on a mac" thing...u can take that off...is there something else im not aware of?

10. gwheeler macrumors newbie

Blurry Pics

I am making a book with high res photos but when I drag them into the pages into smaller frames, they look blurry. When I click on the picture and it opens and enlarges it is sharp. I just want to make sure that when it is printed that the pictures, no matter the size, are clear.

Anyone had this experience or can assure me that they print clear?

11. MaskingTape macrumors regular

Yeah they should print clear. It's just doing a quick preview resize. My friend ordered a book with so-so quality pics and they came out great. iPhoto will tell you if the picture isn't high res enough and if it will come out blurry.