iPhoto Print Services = Crapshoot?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by designs216, Dec 28, 2011.

1. designs216, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I've been creating calendars for gifts in iPhoto for two years now. Last year the quality was colorful, pristine and crisp -- like it had been produced on a press. This year, it looks as though it was done on a color copier. When I complained to Apple they said they use different random vendors for fulfillment.

Apple did offer to reprint but I've already passed out the crappy calendars to the family. I wanted to warn everyone and also see if anyone else had been down this road.

UPDATE
    After reprinting one copy produced the same subpar quality, Apple apologized and agreed to refund the charges to print and ship 11 calendars. They also agreed to address the quality issue in the future.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

I think it's a lousy excuse. They're the one who should QC these suppliers, not just choose them randomly. Personally if it were me I would e-mail Tim Cook himself.

3. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Crap I just had one made for my grandparents to help them remember who everyone is in the family, what they look like and our birth dates. I didn't ask about quality because they are 80 but I'm going to now. I'll be pissed if it's shotty.