iphoto problem, pics not showing up...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by theFranchise25, Nov 16, 2009.

1. theFranchise25 macrumors member

I have a mac and a friend of mine has a mac im trying to help her with. Shes running leopard and when she opens iphoto, alot of her pics have been replaced with "icons". Really enlarged ones, none i recognized. Or they have a giant exclamation point or question mark when the thumbnails are clicked.Apparently her friend sometime ago loaded a memory stick of photos and thats when it went hay wire.. Now, as yall now in leopard/iphoto when say your on a thumbnail of that photo gallery, you can slowly drag your mouse across it and it will show the pics inside it. The icon remember is maybe some arrow icon or some other strange icon. But when its dragged across you can see all the photos she wants but when i click it there is only like 3 or 4 of the icon pics in it..or sometimes the icon ends with a .gfz if i remember......the photos it previewed are no where to be found. But i see em in the preview part! They are important photos to her and im stuck...
    :confused::apple:

2. mbartle1 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

Did you get any help for the pics to start showing up? I am stumped also.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Have you tried a spotlight search for them? I'm wondering if your friend altered the location of the photo library to (perhaps) the USB stick or somewhere else, so the photos are still there but iPhoto doesn't know how to find them.

Failing that, have you looked in the trash? Maybe she accidentally deleted the iPhoto library , leaving just a few icons around (that sounds like what is showing at the moment)

4. theFranchise25 thread starter macrumors member

no, no help yet.. ive googled it. but there doesn't seem to be any similar problems from anyone else.