IPhoto problem since installing Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Micklondon, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Micklondon macrumors newbie

I am having a problem seeing photos in Iphoto, I believe this has been happening since I installed Panther but not certain.

If I look in my library all photos appear to be there as thumbnails and also when I look in my albums there are in the correct places, however in some of the albums when I click on the thumbnail all that comes up is a dotted line box with rounded corners with an exclamation mark in the middle.

Also if I click the play button to view as a slideshow I just have a black screen although the music still plays. The weird thing about this is that there are a couple of albums that are fine and they are not necessarily new ones.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Mick

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

What version of iPhoto are you using? And you did say upgrade to Panther? Not Leopard?

Have you done anything to your photos from within the iPhoto library in finder? That could cause this type problem. Please give us more informaiton so we can help you.

3. Micklondon thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphoto problems

I'm using version 6.0.6 of Iphoto and forgive me I did mean Leopard not Panther.

I'm not aware of doing anything to the photos, however I was experimenting with the finder where it says SEARCH FOR - All Images, its possible now I come to think of it that I may have deleted something from this folder. However when I open Iphoto I can see all the thumbnails of the originals.

If I did accidentally delete some items from this folder, surely they are still somewhere as I am seeing the thumbnails?

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a