iPhoto Problem...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
ok so this is really weird, i open up iPhoto, and everything seems to be okay, BUT all my pictures are showing up blank, it shows the size, and my rating for that picture, but its like its blanked out, ive attached a picture to show what i mean, i have already tried repairing permissions, but i guess that didnt work, any other ideas?

Attachments

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
PlaceofDis said:
ok so this is really weird, i open up iPhoto, and everything seems to be okay, BUT all my pictures are showing up blank, it shows the size, and my rating for that picture, but its like its blanked out, ive attached a picture to show what i mean, i have already tried repairing permissions, but i guess that didnt work, any other ideas?
Did you try just restarting?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Gee said:
Did you try just restarting?
yep i gave that a go too, i know the pictures are still there in my library files, but i really dont want to have to go digging though all those folders to restore them, also, system prefs only shows blanks too

i wonder if my library file is corrupted or if it is something else? any other ideas??

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Cool - ok not

Man - I'd so freak out if my 5000+ photos did this.

Have you tried reinstalling iLife? is you iPhoto up to date?

More importantly - are your originals still intact?

I'd check those three things in reverse order listed.

Good luck

PlaceofDis said:

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
If you've tried logging out/logging back in, repairing permissions and still no joy I would try rebuilding your iPhoto library. Quit iPhoto then restart whilst holding down command-option-shift. A dialogue box will then appear asking if you really want to rebuild your library, click yes.

I recommend this if nothing else works.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
munkle said:
If you've tried logging out/logging back in, repairing permissions and still no joy I would try rebuilding your iPhoto library. Quit iPhoto then restart whilst holding down command-option-shift. A dialogue box will then appear asking if you really want to rebuild your library, click yes.

I recommend this if nothing else works.
ive tried repairing permissions, but i will give it another shot, ive tried rebooting, nothing, although i do know that the original photos are intact in the iPhoto folder system, at least the couple i checked were, i will give this rebuilding thing a try in a little bit after i run permissions again

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
rebuilding the library did no good either, should i try deleting the prefs? or should i just start from scratch? luckily i recently cleaned out my library so i only have some 200 odd photos in there, but its a chore nonetheless

this is a weird problem

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
It is an odd prob, I've never seen that before. I'm surprised that rebuilding the library did nothing. Looks like deleting the preference file is the only move left, if that doesn't work it looks like you'll have to start afresh :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.