Iphoto problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hhpeter, Aug 8, 2008.

1. hhpeter macrumors newbie

HI
    I'm a newbie with mac and I have this problem with iphoto, it was working ok last time, I noticed today that it won't show all the pictures previews in the events. If I double click on a picture without the preview it shows the picture in full screen.What can I do to see the previews again ?
    here is a screenshot....thanks

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Somehow, your iPhoto library got messed up. The simplest way to fix it that I know of is this:

Export all data in your iPhoto library into folders (by album, for example) so you can find it later.
    Quit iPhoto.
    Move the old iPhoto Library somewhere else, like your Desktop.
    Open iPhoto - it will ask you about a library. Tell it to create one in your Pictures folder.
    Once it opens, re-import your stuff.

If all is well now, you can safely delete the old, broken iPhoto Library.

3. hhpeter thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know how it could get messed up because I did not even used iphoto for don't know how long, maybe its a bug I remember it was a update in the last 2 weeks ....
    I tried to export the photos and I get a warning that its unable to export...then all of a sudden it shows the image previews but when I double click on the picture I get no picture and if I click on the "show file" its not in the library anymore but its showing the preview image....I'm really confused. Did I lose my pictures?How? Please help me...
    screenshots attached

Attached Files:

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Did you try to organize or anything by going into the library in finder? That would explain your missing photos. Users must NEVER mess with the photos in finder.

Try doing a rebuild of your library. There are instructions on the Apple website.