iPhoto problems since Yosemite...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pinkertonpunk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. pinkertonpunk macrumors newbie

Since upgrading to Yosemite and iOS 8.1 our photos taken on our iPhones are not being automatically loaded into Photo Stream in iPhoto. They will show up if you click on the iCloud tab under shared on the left column. iPhoto always use to create a folder under events call October (or whatever month it is) Photo Stream and it doesn't do this now.

Also when my wife took some pictures with her DSLR today and loaded those from the SD card into iPhoto on our Macbook they aren't showing up in our Photo Streams on our iPhones (6 and 5S). This all worked perfectly before and allowed us to have all our new photos taken on any camera to always be on all of our devices. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something but I didn't change any settings after upgrading. What is working though is photos taken on either iPhone do show up on the other iPhone.

Any help would be great, thanks!

2. Thunderjet063 macrumors newbie

Check in iPhoto Preferences, iCloud, and be sure the proper boxes are checked that tell it what to do with uploaded photos. I got tricked one time by this myself.