Iphoto problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gigi09, Jun 16, 2009.

1. gigi09 macrumors newbie

Hi
    Being new to IMac, there are still some things that I find hard to get.

Can someone please tell me why I can't open Iphoto anymore.
    It say that::confused:
    "It can't open this application Iphoto because it is not supported on this architecture"

What does this mean? I was able able to open a few days ago and then no more. I am sure it is something stupid.
    I am sure someone out there knows what it is all about.
    Thanks in advance
    Gigi09

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Well, architecture generally refers to the Mac's processor, whether it be PowerPC or Intel. Did you migrate applications from an older Mac? Have you upgraded the OS? Some computers which shipped with iLife 05 and were subsequently upgraded to the Leopard OS, cannot support older versions of the iLife software. Based on the info you have offered so far what it seems like you may need to do is purchase iLife 08 or iLife 09 and install that. If this is a brand new Mac, and you migrated an older version of iPhoto and replaced the newer one, you can use the gray software discs install the newer version.

3. gigi09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphoto architecture

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.:)

I purchased my Imac Intel in February. I did not migrate any applications as far as I know. I have not upgraded the OS. I thought all MAcs came with the standards software already installed. Does this mean you have to purchase new software all the time?:mad:

What do you mean:" you can use the grey software discs install the new version? " I am sorry can't understant this.
    Again thks

4. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr