iPhoto Product Ordering Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fargoes, Feb 29, 2008.

1. fargoes macrumors newbie

I've been trying to order a photobook through iPhoto since last night and have yet to be successful. The majority of the time it says connecting... but finally times out. A couple of times iPhoto connected and began building the book before timing out. Once I even made it to the point of ordering but it failed during the upload process. I went home and tried a couple of hours ago and it always failed to connect. Is anyone else having this problem? Could the issue be with my computer? I can successfully access the iTunes music store and download purchases from it.

Thanks for any help.

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

3. fargoes thread starter macrumors newbie

Mostly wireless. I did try a direct connection once to see if that made a difference.

4. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Try doing a software update if you have not already done one. There was an iPhoto update yesterday that fixed some problems related to photobooks and calendars.

5. methodmano macrumors member

I've ordered iPhoto products connected via my wireless connection without any problems. Did the update work?

6. spicoli macrumors member

We have have been having the same issue. iPhoto stops uploading, network errors, etc. It keeps telling us to try again later. The last time, iPhoto said there was an issue with our credit card and couldn't continue. Our credit card is tied to a small checking account (just for online purchases) and each time we "tried again" it sent an authorization to the credit card company....now we are $450 overdrawn. We called the credit card company and there is nothing they can do because all of these transaction are "pending".

Anyway, sorry for highjacking your post....we are having the same issue (wired network).

7. fargoes thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the iPhoto update but it didn't help. Later I saw on Apple's website they were experiencing an issue with the photo product ordering. As of Sunday night I still was not able to place an order.

8. fargoes thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally figured out the problem Monday night. My credit card was rejected twice during the day, so I called the credit card company. Even though I'd checked my credit card online and saw no charges from my attempts at ordering, there was a hold on my card. Turns out the issue on the Apple site Thursday night and Friday morning performed multiple hits on my card. Even though the charges were only pending (which is why I never saw them) my credit card company was suspicious and blocked my account. So, after Apple remedied their problem, I still was unable to order because of the credit card issue. Just tried, and everything works fine now.