iPhoto project hindered by lacking of map details of Israel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, Dec 8, 2009.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I need to enter locations on a map page in a photobook but apparently iPhoto and Google Maps cannot give locations of places in Israel for security reasons:rolleyes:

Is their anyway to manually enter locations?

Cheers

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

It's been a long time since I used that feature, but isn't there a way to manually set pins to any place on a map? Does that help?

3. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've been trying that but the pins are going all over the place.

plus, earlier today iPhoto linked to Google and started showing certain locations on the map but it's stop now and Israel is empty again. But Google Maps itself has now suddenly started showing location but can't seem to decide where Bethlehem is?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not sure I follow you... I type "Bethlehem, Israel" into maps.google.com and it does not seem to have any problems finding it... I didn't notice anything particularly unusual about its ability to find places in Israel....

There are apparently some limitations on what Google shows in Israel...

http://groups.google.com/group/goog...ac9735280e/bd00f6ce27d43baa?#bd00f6ce27d43baa

But they don't seem to be related to what you're describing. It could be you're zoomed in too far and so you're not getting images, per the information in the linked thread.

5. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

something wierd was going on alright.

soimetimes it worked, other times it didn't,