iPhoto question. Photo sizes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Jan 4, 2015.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Hi
    Is there a way that you can select all the photos in an album, and resize
    them? I can do this in Preview - but that would mean I have to export the photos from iPhoto, resize them in Preview, then re-import them into iPhoto.

If I could just do this in iPhoto it would save me much time.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I agree, but there is no way to do that that I have seen.

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

You can do that from iPhoto using Preview without doing all that, just set Preview as your External Editor from iPhotos Preferences under the Advanced tab. Then in iPhoto click the Album you want and tap "command + a" and it will select all the photos in that Album, or you can just select the photos you want inside the Album. Next Right click on a photo that is highlighted and choose "Edit In External Editor". That will open Preview with all the photos in the side bar, again do a Command A to select all, then do what you want with the photos, then in Previews Edit menu select Save. That will save them back to where they were in iPhoto. Be sure Preview is set to "Open all files in one window" in Preview's Preferences.

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I find that people underestimate Preview because it looks so simple. It's a very powerful app when you understand how to use it. Same with iPhoto.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nice tip Pomeroy. Does that overwrite the original in iPhoto with this resized version of the file?