iPhoto Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TodVader, Oct 27, 2007.

1. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

When I import a photo in iPhoto, it goes to the iPhoto gallery. When I click on it in my home/pictures , it goes straight into iPhoto. Is there a place where those pictures go like itunes where they're all organized in different folders depending on album, etc...? I have the originals in different places but I don't want to keep doubles all over the computer.

After importing to iPhoto, can I delete the original? If let's say I want to upload 2-3 on an eBay listing, where can I find the files?

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Your photos are in the iPhoto library in finder. Do not go there! Stay out of that library in finder. You will (not might, WILL) corrupt and/or lose photos if you muck about with them in finder. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app. Export or drag-n-drop photos to the desktop for use with eBay, MySpace, etc.

Once you have imported your originasl (from "all over the computer") you can delete those files - leaving the ones in iPhoto. iPhoto organizes them like iTunes does.