iPhoto Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trout74, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

On my Mac Mini with a G4 processor, when I go to attach photo's to E-mail and what not, I hit the " Browse" button on the e-mail and go to iphoto library and choose my photo and attach it.

on my new aluminum iMac, when I do the above stated, iPhoto library does not come up and I cant see my photos, I have to drag the photo I want to the desktop, then attach it.

What gives? How do I make my iPhoto on my imac behave like the one on my mini.

sorry if that is confusing,

Trout

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If you are using Apple's Mail program, you should be able to drag and drop from your iPhoto program.

I think they changed the beaviour, because some users were going into iPhoto Library folders and deleting, moving or modifying the files which was resulting in lost folders or corrupted iPhoto databases. You still can go to your iPhoto library through Finder, right or control click on it and hit "Show Package Contents". Then you can browse through the folders as before, but I don't know if you can browse from the dialog box that comes up from a web interface of an email site.

3. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks ill try that tonight, appreciate the feedback.

4. czachorski macrumors 6502a

czachorski

Yes, in iPhoto '08 they made the photo library a package, so you can't browse it from the finder or from mail "attach browser" unless you first open the package. However, they made it one step easier in Leopard (if you have it). They added a "browse photos" button right in the mail app is Leopard, to make it very easy to attach photos from iPhoto.