iPhoto question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HollacoptaPilot, Jan 27, 2008.

1. HollacoptaPilot macrumors newbie

I have not updated my iLife programs since I bought my powerbook way back in 2003. Right now I am running osx 10.4.10 and I am always able to upgarde my itunes for free when they update it. However I have never been able to upgrade my iPhoto and I am still using 2.0.1 I need to upgrade to at least 4.0.1 in order to put images from my computer onto my ipod touch. Is there anyway I can get iPhoto 4.0.1 for free or for cheap? I really dont want to shell out 80 bucks for iLife 08 when I wont be using it for anything else but loading pics onto my ipod touch.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately iPhoto is part of iLife, which as you pointed out is a paid application suite. Other than finding it used or for sale somewhere, you have to pay the $79 for it.

4. HollacoptaPilot thread starter macrumors newbie

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Yeah, you could download it. But it is not legal, as psychofreak pointed out.

6. HollacoptaPilot thread starter macrumors newbie

good news, my sister's powerbook (that she bought last year) has a newer version of iphoto so I was able to use hers to load the pics to my ipod. Thanks again for the replies. I don't know if I'll buy the iLife update though because I may be looking to get a new computer after I graduate this may.