Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virgomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
When you are looking at pictures in iPhoto, and you double tap it to bring it up out of thumbnail view; and the picture itself is a very small resolution it seems to ignore that bringing it up not to scale but extremely blown up, grainy and ugly. Is there a way to stop this behavior?

virgomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
With no answers, I'm beginning to think that is just the way it is, and to love it or leave it LOL.

virgomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
The problem is that your question doesn't make sense :confused:

Thought it was clear, but I shall endeavor to make it more so....

You are in iPhoto looking at your pictures, all arranged in the typical thumbnail view.

thumbnail.jpg

You click it to bring it up to "full" view to see the actual picture. Now lets say the picture was using a "resolution" of 2" x 2", unlike the program Preview which brings up the photo in its origional scale

Preview.jpg

iPhoto brings it up using the full available view space and magnifies the picture to lets say 5" x 5" thus making the picture over magnified and pixelated.

Pixalated.jpg

So the question is, how do you get iPhoto to NOT bring up items in this over magnified view and just use the pictures standard resolution.

I hope that was much clearer :)

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I don't think there is any way to change it. When you double-click, it just magnifies the photo to take up the whole window.

EDIT: Please change your photos to use

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.