iPhoto Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virgomac, Jan 20, 2009.

1. virgomac macrumors member

When you are looking at pictures in iPhoto, and you double tap it to bring it up out of thumbnail view; and the picture itself is a very small resolution it seems to ignore that bringing it up not to scale but extremely blown up, grainy and ugly. Is there a way to stop this behavior?

2. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

3. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

With no answers, I'm beginning to think that is just the way it is, and to love it or leave it LOL.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

The problem is that your question doesn't make sense :confused:

5. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

Thought it was clear, but I shall endeavor to make it more so....

You are in iPhoto looking at your pictures, all arranged in the typical thumbnail view.

[​IMG]

You click it to bring it up to "full" view to see the actual picture. Now lets say the picture was using a "resolution" of 2" x 2", unlike the program Preview which brings up the photo in its origional scale

[​IMG]

iPhoto brings it up using the full available view space and magnifies the picture to lets say 5" x 5" thus making the picture over magnified and pixelated.

[​IMG]

So the question is, how do you get iPhoto to NOT bring up items in this over magnified view and just use the pictures standard resolution.

I hope that was much clearer :)

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I don't think there is any way to change it. When you double-click, it just magnifies the photo to take up the whole window.

EDIT: Please change your photos to use