Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
California
Hello all. I am in need of a software that can resize my pictures, and do very light editing. Maybe adjusting contrast or color. Can I do this in iPhoto? I'm really trying to avoid paying 200 bucks for PhotoShop. If not in iPhoto, is there another program that comes with my mac, that I can use?

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
iPhoto can do all of that, but understand it's a photo management program. It maintains a database for your photos. The idea would be to use it as a database for your original images, make edits for your library and so on, and if you need a small version, export out a small one, do what you need, then delete it.

If you need a basic editor, Preview can carry out these functions too.

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
California
iPhoto can do all of that, but understand it's a photo management program. It maintains a database for your photos. The idea would be to use it as a database for your original images, make edits for your library and so on, and if you need a small version, export out a small one, do what you need, then delete it.

If you need a basic editor, Preview can carry out these functions too.

Cool! Thanks :D

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Hello all. I am in need of a software that can resize my pictures, and do very light editing. Maybe adjusting contrast or color. Can I do this in iPhoto? I'm really trying to avoid paying 200 bucks for PhotoShop. If not in iPhoto, is there another program that comes with my mac, that I can use?

iPhoto does this very well - you don't need to buy any additional software unless you are going to do some very advanced editing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.