iPhoto quit unexpectedly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NSNick, Aug 30, 2009.

1. NSNick macrumors regular

After doing a clean install of Snow Leopard and copying iPhoto to the fresh hard drive and trying to open it, I get this error.

iPhoto quit unexpectedly
    Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Inside the error report:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeSlideshow.framework/Versions/A/iLifeSlideshow
    Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
    Reason: image not found

2. ratboyds macrumors newbie

Same

I did the same thing and have exactly the same problem...

iPhoto quits instantly upon clicking and I cannot get it to open again. I think it may be because a lot if the files are still on the hard drive, but I don't know where. :apple:

EDIT:

I fixed this by entering the backup, going to '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeSlideshow.framework/Versions/A/iLifeSlideshow'

and restoring the folder 'iLifeSlideshow.framework'
    Works fine now :)

3. caruso81 macrumors newbie

If you don't have a backup, you can also use the DVD image if you have one. Mount the image and right-click/control-click/two finger-click on the installer and choose "Show Package Contents." Open "Contents" and then "Installers." Inside you'll see all the installers including iLifeSlideshow. Install it, and all is good.

4. sullivan.chris macrumors newbie

Hide & Seek

I can't find my original discs, and it's not in any of my backups (Not even from six months ago. I wonder how iPhoto ever worked). Can you upload the 'iLifeSlideshow.framework' folder somewhere? Thanks so much in advance! - Christoph

EDIT: Neverming. My dad had them with his PC crap. He's in for a big talking-to.