Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thahater

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
i have a few pics in iphoto,but some of them are the same ones.how can i get rid of dup photos.thanks

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
thahater said:
i have a few pics in iphoto,but some of them are the same ones.how can i get rid of dup photos.thanks

select a photo, then delete it. (delete key or trash can) poof. done.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
When you do as Peyton suggests, make sure you are in Library in the Source list, not in a photo album. Deleting from the Library really deletes the photo (actually, moves it to the iPhoto trash, which you can empty afterwards) and removes it from all photo albums it is in as well.

Deleting from a particular album (your own collections that you create and name in the Source list) removes it only from that album but leaves it in your Library.

The Library represents your full collection and the real photo images on the disk. The albums are simply aliases/shortcuts/pointers to collections of photos that are subsets of your Library.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Depending on what version of iPhoto you are using, there is an App. called iPhoto Diet, it:

-Removes duplicates
-Removes any 'originals' (iPhoto duplicates edited images)
-Removes any 'stragglers' (Photos that are in your Lib. but not an Album)

Its very good, but due to the way the new iPhoto is indexed or something, it will not work with this version.

I think its backwards compatible with anything but the iPhoto you get with iLife '06 - which sadly I now have :( its brilliant but I liked iPhoto Diet :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.