iPhoto Replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phunque, Jan 22, 2009.

1. phunque macrumors newbie

Thanks to "improvements" by Apple to iPhoto 7, one of which changes the Library format, that app is no longer good for me as it fails to import all my hard-won comments that annotate nearly every one of several thousand pics. Can anyone suggest a third party app that meets the following desirements?: (1) runs well on Intel Core Duo-based iMac running OS-X 10.5 Leopard; (2) allows importation of iPhoto 5-created library with comments intact; (3) provides good image library management; (4) provides at least the same photo info details as iPhoto; (5) provides at least as much slide editing/mainpulation capability as iPhoto; (6) provides batch commenting.

I suppose I could just stay with iPhoto 5 but I'm hoping I have an option. Would Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mac meet these criteria or are there other apps that might be better for me? I've looked at the Adobe on-line data and can find nothing about importing comments - I'd hate to lose all my hard work (or have to transfer it all manually ...)

-- phunque

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You might be better suited with Aperture or Lightroom.

They both have free trials, give them a shot.