iPhoto...Restoring original settings...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Penelope636, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Penelope636 macrumors member

Just used migration assistant to transfer iPhoto over to new (to me) used white iMac.

iPhoto won't open. How do I restore original settings which was indicated should be done?

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

We'll need a little more information before we can help. When you used Migration Assistant, did you just move the iPhoto Library over? What version of iPhoto is on the new (to you) machine? What version of iPhoto is connected to your iPhoto library? If the one on the new machine is older than the one that used the iPhoto library you transferred, that could be your problem. Not sure what you mean by "restore original settings". Please explain.

Please be more specific about what you did, what software versions you have, etc. and we'll be glad to try to help.

3. Penelope636 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for responding to my querry...

I used Migration Assistant to transfer iPhoto from my G4 to new (used) iMAC. Old OS is 10.3.9, new is 10.5.6....iPhoto on old machine is 5.0.4 ('05?) ...new is '09.

When I attempted this transfer, not sure if I requested that Photos be moved or iPhoto.

"Restore Original Settings" is what came up on the screen, telling me what I could/should do after clicking on iPhoto to open it, and Those are not my words, but apples. The first screen that came up stated:

The application iPhoto quit unexpectedly. MacOSX and other applications are not affected. Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to apple.

Here's report:
    Process: iPhoto [11222]
    Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
    Identifier: com.apple.iPhoto
    Version: ??? (???)
    Build Info: iPhotoProject-3930000~2
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [70]

Date/Time: 2009-02-18 10:41:02.848 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)
    Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/UpgradeChecker.framework/Versions/A/UpgradeChecker
    Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
    Reason: image not found

Looks to me as if the information was not transferred...

Just checked and all the photos are still on G4. When one uses migration assistant, does it take those files that are moved OFF the FROM machine when transferring to the TO machine?

What does this tell you?

Thanks again...