iPhoto running V slow after Deleting and restoring

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by neilsvs, Jun 7, 2009.

1. neilsvs macrumors newbie

Please can someone help as my girlfriend and me are both new to Mac's

She was trying to clean up her photo folders after copying some over from her old PC, and in doing so deleted ALL her photo’s to the trash :( and then emptied the trash! :eek: iphoto would not load because it said there was no library......... after downloading some software we could scan the HD and extract all the jpeg files to an external HD, then we could copy them back into the iphoto library! The problem is that most of the time when she is using iphoto and starts editing a photo it will run VERY slow.......... I am wandering if i can put the iLife 09 DVD in her iMac and reinstall it??? And will that do anything like deleting existing photo’s / music??? :confused:

Like i said we are both new to Mac’s and i still haven’t got my head round the file system from my old PC

Thanks

Neil :)

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Sounds like you've messed with the "database" that is the library. Put the photos (the actual .jpgs) on another drive, and delete iphoto and all of its contents still on that drive. Reinstall iphoto. Then use the import feature in iphoto to put them into the library. That should give you a clean database for iphoto.