iphoto server in lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mentaluproar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I think I remember it being mentioned somewhere, but can't iPhoto in lion share and be managed from multiple computers? I'm thinking when wifi sync comes to my iPad and iPod, I might just want to shift things off my iMac and onto the mac mini server we have downstairs, but I'm stuck on iPhoto and iTunes.

I know iTunes can share nicely over a network, but I don't think I can manage the library.

I heard I can share iPhoto libraries, but if I can't manage them, I see no point.

My iMac is being a pain and I'm thinking this is a cheaper alternative to having each hardware problem fixed.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I am unaware of any iPhoto "server." Obviously you can share, but managing would require screen sharing. iPhoto in Lion can still share over computers, and if you add an application like Playback, over your network to PS3s and other devices. There are also many iOS apps that allow you to share iPhoto pix.

You might try Adobe's suite; with Photoshop and other applications you can use Adobe Bridge to access common assets.

Or maybe Lion Server; it has support for wikis and/or you could use a CMS system to share and by web manage some of your assets.