iPhoto Share

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tobster3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I apoligise if this has already been answered. I have searched and tried some of the suggestions and comments but I still have the same problem.

I have a new i5 iMac and I have set up a two seperate User Accounts for both my wife and I.

I have loaded all the photos into iPhoto into my account and would like for y wife to be able to access the photos through iPhoto on her Account.

I have:-

1) Under preferences in iPhoto in MY account selected Share my Photos and share entire photo Library

2) Under preferences in iPhoto in HER account selected look for shared photos.

3) In System preferences under security and then firewall i have selected iPhoto to allow incoming connections (not sure of this is required or not. This was suggested on another forum)

Currently when the wife opens her iPhoto, she can see "Shares" with my photo library name under it although it only stays there for 4 or 5 seconds then disappears. Why is it disappearing??????????? :mad:

I have iTunes set up and working this way where the wife accesses my music library through her iTunes.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks for reading.

2. Tobster3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Can anyone give me any info that could help?

Thanks

Stuart

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Do you have Fast User Switching enabled, and are you leaving iPhoto running on your account before switching accounts? Both of these steps are necessary for it to work.

4. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

When your wife opens her iPhoto hold how the option key. It will ask you where your which iphoto library to use select chose other and find your iphoto library in your account pictures folder.