iPhoto showing White !

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oblongmedulla, Feb 8, 2009.

1. oblongmedulla macrumors newbie

All of a sudden all of my pictures in iPhoto have a bit white ! instead of showing the picture-

If I resize iPhoto you will see the actual picture flash a few times then it goes back to this !

Help?

Attached Files:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Have you moved/deleted/renamed/uploaded (to a website) any pictures recently? Blank full-size images like that indicate that iPhoto cannot find the original images imported in the iPhoto Library. If you have a backup through Time Machine or otherwise, you can probably restore the library and you're good to go again. If not, you will have to rebuild the library by following the manual rebuild option described in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638. That's assuming the files are found in the iPhoto Library package Originals folder. If the manual rebuild is necessary, bear in mind that any of your created content, as far as albums, slideshows, book/calendar/card projects will be cleared as a result.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

The behavior you are experiencing is usually caused by the user modifying something in the iPhoto Library in finder. iPhoto organizes that file so that it can find the photos and work for you. If the user changes ANYTHING in there, iPhoto cannot find the correct photo. Stay out of the finder!

The rebuild suggestion is a good one. Give it a try. Warning, if you need to do the manual rebuild as described on the Apple website, you may, in fact get duplicates (I actually got quadruplicates of some photos) and you will have to clean it up manually (be sure to watch the sizes of the photos -- only keep the highest resolution ones). It was worth it to me to get my photos back.

Good luck!