iPhoto Size Help

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
Hey!
I really like changing my wallpaper but i have a problem, whenever i right clcik a picture on the web thats like 1400x900 and i import it to iPhoto it always makes it very small. when i go to system preferences -> desktop and then iphoto library-> data -> my wallpaper its like around 300x200. how can i make iphoto keep the resolutions of the original picture?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
On the internet, are you sure you're saving the actual full-sized image and not just the thumbnail? How are you importing the pictures? It might be wise to drag them to the Desktop, open them in Preview to make sure they're big, and then drag that file to iPhoto. :)

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
yeah i go to the picture on the internet when its full size, then i right click it and theres an option that says import to iphoto, when i do this it shrinks it

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
kk iv done it where i just save to desktop, put it mauanly into a wallpaper folder i made and selected it from the desktop wallaper choose folder in system preferences but i was just thinking it would be easyier to have all my pics in my iphoto library and have the original dimensions preserved.

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
the only thing with this is if i do that it will become its own roll (which i HATE i like to keep pictures organized in folders not there own individual roll)