iPhoto Slideshow and YouTube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Newmacer2, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Newmacer2 macrumors regular

I created a slideshow in iPhoto, using one of the available music soundtracks. Although it is my understanding that iPhoto music is all royalty free, when I downloaded it on YouTube, the following notation on my file: "Video blocked in some countries." The video still plays, but I don't like that notation on my file for all to see. Sounds like I'm doing something illegal. Any advise would be appreciated. I'd hate to remove the video if I don't have to. There's a place where you can protest this on YouTube, which I have, but it hasn't changed anything. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The notation "Video blocked in some countries" on your video manager isn't actually for all to see. It just means that some countries can't play the video. Try clicking it to see which countries block it. In countries it does play, it will appear like a normal video without advertising that fact.

3. Newmacer2 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you

Much appreciated. I finally decided not to play YouTube's game and deleted the video. In the future I won't use iPhoto's music. There's a lot of other choices out there as long as you give proper credit. Thanks again for your reply.