iPhoto slideshow help needed!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weephillie, Dec 7, 2009.

1. weephillie macrumors newbie

I am trying to burn a slideshow onto CD/DVD so it will play on my TV. I would like to keep my chosen music I have selected for each slideshow. If I export it then the quality is very poor. Is there a way of me achieving my goal?

2. klhamp macrumors newbie

Sorry to see that you have had no responses. I'm having the same problem. Is there anyone out there that can help us?

3. Cardiffgal macrumors newbie

What we need is a simple step by step instruction. I have done this before, can never remember the steps and have been looking a simple process to print and keep. HELP the newbies please.

I think I might have found it -
    A: It's an easy 5-step process. Here's how....

It's an easy 5-step process to get your photos onto a DVD and set them to music as a slideshow.

Step 1.
    In iPhoto, create a new folder and name it. Next, drag and drop all the photos you want to be in the DVD slideshow into that new folder.

Step 2.
    Click "Share" in your menu bar and then select "Send to iDVD."

Step 3.
    When iDVD comes up, a default song will be playing. No worries. Click the "Audio" tab, then click "iTunes" and scroll through your library until you find the song(s) you want on your DVD. Then click "Apply."

Step 4.
    Change the title of your DVD if you'd like.... just highlight the text and type (in this screen-shot the editable text is "Travel Main" and "Queen Mary 2." Next, add some photos to your main DVD menu page by simply dragging and dropping photos from your iPhoto library to the generic photo on the menu (shown here with an arrow).

Step 5.
    Insert a blank DVD and hit the burn button. And that's it!