Iphoto slideshow music stops in the middle

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by betteroffalone, Aug 6, 2009.

1. betteroffalone macrumors newbie

Help! I'm a new user of Iphoto and I'm trying to create my first slideshow for export.

I've assembled the photos in the desired order and selected a single song from my Itunes library. So far so good.

Now when I play or preview the slideshow the music stops about 1/4 of the way through while the slideshow continues.

In the Music Settings box the song plays in its entirety, and it plays just fine in Itunes, so I don't think it's the audio file itself.

Short of deleting the slideshow and starting over, what can I do to solve this? Anyone else have this problem?

UPDATE: I just deleted the old slide show and started over. It STILL did it; quit in the same place too.

UPDATE 2: I tried an entirely different song and it also quit in the same place.

2. betteroffalone thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out...

I tried a few other song files. The ones I purchased from Itunes worked fine. The ones I uploaded from my CD collection worked too. But the ones I, ah, downloaded would quit in the middle. (I'm not proud of that, but this track was unavailable for purchase at any price.)

Converting it to an AAC file did the job. Hope this helps someone else.