iPhoto Slideshow won't open playlists or folders

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by irondog, Apr 21, 2008.

1. irondog macrumors newbie

This problem exists in Tiger and Leopard: in iPhoto I made slideshows and chose music to accompany. Then I tried using iDVD to burn the results to a disc, however, I was stopped because the music I used was purchased through iTunes and limited to residing on my hard drive, not letting itself be copied to a disc. Fine, I have no issue there, I can use my own original music. My problem is, I continued making slideshows in iPhoto, however, since that iDVD warning I haven't been able to open any playlists or folders in iPhoto. When I double-click a playlist or folder, the first song only starts to play and I cannot choose any other song in the playlist or folder, whether or not the song was from iTunes, Garage Band or my own original audio files. This wasn't happening before I launched iDVD! What's going on?

-irondog :confused:

2. irondog thread starter macrumors newbie

no response???

What?! 55 people have read this message and no one has replied? Has no one experienced this problem? Can't open folders to select music for a slideshow in iPhoto? Come on, no one has suggestions as to what might be the cause?

irondog

3. greggwith3g macrumors newbie

can't play more than one song

I found your post as I was trying to solve a more basic problem; using iPhoto5, I can set an iTunes playlist as slideshow music but only the first song of the playlist actually plays. I don't have enough memory (and apparently can't upgrade RAM) to get iLife 08. I'll return here and post again if I find anything relevant to your problem...

4. irondog thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, this sounds like the same problem. let me know what you think...

5. greggwith3g macrumors newbie

resovled using Garage Band

Hi again - my solution was to import the 10 songs from iTunes into Garage Band and create a single, long song out of all of them (fading in and out from one to the next). I can then assign that song as the music in iPhoto 5. Works like a charm! Note that this music was from a commercial CD imported into iTuens, not an iTunes Store purchase.

6. Mellygirl macrumors newbie

I have used iDVD on numerous occasions, but this morning I encountered the exact same thing. This has never been an issue for me before, which leads me to believe that it may have something to do with an iTunes update causing the issue :mad:

I will try using the GarageBand solution, but how stupid is that?!?! The songs are all there in iTunes... stupid I can't access them!!!!

7. irondog thread starter macrumors newbie

another solution around glitch

Good ideas, folks. Here's another one: I had ten songs in one playlist, but since only the first song would play, I made ten playlists of one song each. It's a pain in the buttox but it'll have to do until Apple corrects their glitch.