iPhoto Smart Folders - Keywords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hls811, May 21, 2008.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I'm guessing this has to be do-able... I have photos with multiple keywords, is it possible to create a Smart Album that will display Photos only containing one of those keywords?

For example, I have 3 Keywords - Dog, Cat & Mouse - If I create a smart album for Keyword "Dog", it'll also show anything w/ Dog, but it will also include anything with Cat & Mouse too if its keyworded with all 3... I want a way that I can easily view just pictures keyworded w/ "Dog".

The one way I found doesn't seem accurate, and thats to create the rules so that it contains (or is) Dog, and then I have to manually select all of the other keywords and say "Does not contain" (Cat, Mouse, etc) - the only problem with this method is that iPhoto only allows 10 conditions - and I have more than 10 keywords...

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Change it to "is" instead of "contains".

3. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Thats what I was thinking - but Is/Contains does the same thing. (I can't figure out what is different between the 2)

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It shouldn't be doing the same thing... "is" is supposed to include only exact matches, while "contains" includes both exact and partial matches.

5. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Sounds good in theory - I agree with ya, but thats not what its doing.. I just tried to create a few new ones, but no such luck. :(